SPICY LENTIL PATTIES
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- canola oil spray
- 4 individual spring onions, ends trimmed, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 5g (1 tsp) ginger, finely grated
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 20g (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin seed
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 300g lentils (green or brown), rinsed, drained *I used canned
- 100g fresh rocket leaves (or mixed salad leaves)
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Add coriander and cumin and stir. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Place mixture in bowl of food processor or blender. Add chickpeas and lentils and process until combined but not too smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on a baking tray and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with salad leaves.