This weeks challenge was Indian and it was much easier than I thought. This tasted quite nice. I don't like curry very much but the sweet potato complimented it really well.
JayKay, I know...what is with the rice! My man's got a weird sense of humour LOL.
SWEET POTATO & LENTIL CURRY
Points: 5 ½ per serve
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 tbs Sharwood’s Rogan Josh Curry Paste
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 480g orange sweet potato, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock (made with stock cubes)
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a medium saucepan and add the curry paste. Cook, while stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the lentils, bay leaves, onion, sweet potato, ginger and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the cooked rice on 4 serving plates, spoon over the curry and scatter with coriander leaves.
You may want to soak the lentils a little before adding them. If you follow the recipe exact, they tend to be a little harder and I usually like my lentils softer. Bear in mind they will be boiled/simmered for 20 mins.